Stratus flying was set up with the sole aim of making a difference through the power of flight.
Our team identified that too many people around the world are suffering from diseases that are preventable and curable.
Let us end malaria for good…
Stratus wants the devastation that Malaria causes families and communities each day to be reduced over time. Currently too many people die as a direct result from the deadly disease spread by the anopheles mosquito. This should not be the case, Malaria is both preventable and curable.
Stratus Mission Malaria will improve the lives of people and communities living within high risk malaria transmission areas worldwide. Stratus will bring hope to areas torn apart from the disease and deliver the following benefits to communities:
- Protect families and communities from malaria through specialist clinics each month
- Increase life expectancy within that region as more and more people will be protected from the disease and not suffer as a result.
- Long term effects will lead to communities being able to rebuild their lives.
- Educate both schools and communities on how to protect themselves from Malaria.
- Statistics from Malaria deaths will reduce over time within the regions we operate within.
Sight is an incredible feature of the human body, but imagine losing your sight to a disease which could have been cured?
This is currently what is happening at present within developing countries, thousands of children and communities losing their sight to avoidable blindness. This must stop for good.
Stratus is aiming to reduce the number of children and communities who are losing their sight each day to a preventable eye disease. As a charity we are committed to treating Cataracts, Trachoma and Vitamin A deficiency, as these eye diseases cause hundreds of thousands to lose their sight.
Stratus’s Save Our Sight will have the following beneficial impacts:
- Access to high levels of medical eye treatment
- Access to medical professional who specialise in sight saving operations
- Reduce the number of deaths directly related to avoidable blindness within children
- Help communities and schools learn about eye diseases and what to do to protect themselves from eye diseases.
- The donation of medical eye equipment and medicines to local clinics and organisations will help the long term aim of making that area self-sufficient in dealing with eye diseases.
Access to health care
Stratus is focused on both short and long term solutions, which will help each region Stratus helps worldwide.
At present within developing countries, thousands of people are denied access to sufficient levels of specialist medical treatment whether for their eyes or to deal with Malaria.
By giving thousands access to high levels of medical treatment, we can help future generations and enable access to world standard health levels that everyone should be able to access.
Stratus highlights a unique partnership between the medical profession and the aviation community. These two strong partnerships define Stratus and helps thousands of people suffering within developing countries have their disease cured.
Aviation community provides the flying skills and equipment to fly the aid and volunteers to the regions we help. The medical profession contribute with medical professionals and the best treatment available to help those affected.
Long term aims
Stratus wants the missions they operate within each region to have lifelong benefits there. The process of change is not going to happen suddenly, this delicate process from suffering to normality is going to take years to complete.
The treatment to people initially through the clinics we run are short term aims, however the training and education to local medical professionals focusses of the long term aim of helping that community improve the quality of life for generations to come.
Flight to change
Stratus Flying is based around one principle of making a difference through the power of flight. Flying aid, equipment, volunteers and essential sight saving medicines Stratus does what it loves best, that love being flying…